Waste Management Public Consultation
Our Waste management system is changing, 2 options require your feedback.
Public participation ensures decisions are well-informed, transparent and represent the needs and priorities of our community. Your involvement makes a difference!
How to participate:
- The survey will be open from November 27, 2023, until January 26, 2024. The Information Package and Survey are available below.
- Survey information received up to January 24th will be presented to Council in a preliminary report.
- For those who would like a paper copy of the information package and survey, they are available at the Municipal Office located at 44 St. Christophe Street, Noëlville and at both branches of the French River Public Library.
Public Information Session - January 24th, 2024, at 6pm
- View/Attend Meeting:
- View the meeting live on the Municipality’s Meeting Portal where the recording will be uploaded following the meeting.
- Join us in our Council Chambers (44 St. Christophe St. Noëlville).
- Participate / Speak in Person or Virtually:
- If you would like to address Council in person or virtually, please register on or before January 15th, 2024, through email to email@example.com or by telephone at 705-898-2294 ext. 210.
In June of 2019, the Environmental Advisory Committee discussed deficiencies within the Municipality’s current waste collection and diversion system at which time they passed a motion to recommend to Council to direct staff to analyze and research alternatives to the current system.
In December 2019, Council had an opportunity to apply for funding to engage the services of an established consulting firm with the experience and technical abilities to provide the Municipality with a comprehensive review and analysis of the current waste collection and diversion operations. The Municipality was awarded funding through the modernization fund in March of 2020 for small and rural communities to plan, modernize and improve the way they provide services to their communities.
In May 2020 and in collaboration with the Municipality, the firm J2Pg Consultants Inc. released an online survey for ratepayers on the level of service of the current system.
J2Pg Consultants Inc. spent several months reviewing the current system, the survey results, data collection, operations and interviewed Council. They presented the Draft Waste Management Operations Review 2020 Report at the Council Meeting held October 7, 2020, with the Final Report being presented at the meeting held October 21, 2020.
Council has referred the Final Waste Management Operations Review 2020 Report to the Environmental Advisory Committee for review and discussion.
Click here to view the Committee's Agendas, Minutes, and Meeting Recordings for further information about the waste review.
The following meeting links will bring you to the meeting's agenda, minutes and video where Council discussed or made decisions in relation to the waste review. In the Agenda, you will be able to access the reports by clicking on its link.
- Council Meeting held on May 5, 2021 (Report and Decisions reflecting from the waste collection operational review)
- Council Meeting held on June 16, 2021 (Report and Decision to close the Wolseley Bay Transfer Site and modifications to the Noelville Site)
- Council Meeting held on July 7, 2021 (Report and Decision to release a Request for Proposal for a Curbside Recycling Pilot Project)
- Council Meeting held on October 5, 2022 (Reported on the report presented to Environmental Committee at their meeting of September 28, 2022)
- Council Meeting held on December 7, 2022 (Notice of Motion presented by Mayor Pageau in regard to waste management review recommendations)
- Council Meeting held on October 4, 2023 (Report and Discussions addressing items in the Notice of Motion)
- Council Meeting held on October 18, 2023 (continued Discussions of the items/options reported on October 4, 2023)
- Council Meeting held on November 1, 2023 (Revised Report and further Discussions)
- Council Meeting held on November 15, 2023 (Report and Discussions on public consultation)
- Special Council Meeting held on November 22, 2023 (Report and Decision on Information Package and Plan for Public Consultation)